apt install cups-pdf
apt install bikeshed
sudo purge-old-kernels --keep 5
we use a lot of silly characters sometimes
like ö ô ê ë
if you set the compose key under “Keyboard” -> “Typing” under GNOME or Ubuntu Unity
then it works like this:
- <right control> + <shift> + ” + o = ö
- <right control> + <shift> + ^ + o = ô
- <right control> + <shift> + ” + e = ë
- <right control> + <shift> + ^ + e = ê
sudo apt-get install sni-qt:i386
When switching to Evolution in Vertical view, fonts go bad.
run this and kiss a dolphin
gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.mail vertical-view-fonts true
Nintendo can make a lot of money out of the Fischers this Christmas
Choose Call built-in
remember when you used gnome-session-properties for tweaking Startup Apps
now use GNOME Tweak Tool on Fedora or Ubuntu
dnf install gnome-tweak-tool or apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool
The Raspberry Pi is awesome, but what is better than a Raspberry Pi… Well the Raspberry Pi 2.
I’m thankful for JPers who gave me one.
Let’s get tinkering.
wish there was more to say ….
dnf install kernel-modules-extra
works in Steam
So glad Apple announced that Swift 2.0 is open source.
Open Source is such a buzz word lately. Even Microsoft Open Sourced .net, great.
Then Apple said it would be available on Linux, and now we can sit around the camp fire
and share some amazing, scary stories of the Ghost of Steve Jobs or
the Scott Forstall Monster (I love you, Scott)
In the bigger scheme of things this could be interesting.
Hold my hand, let’s dream together okay, I’ll be gentle.
- Ubuntu embraces Swift to help, Developers get OSX/iOS Apps to Ubuntu Desktop & Ubuntu Touch
- GNOME Builder adds support for Swift so that people can easily build Apps in Swift for Linux
- Microsoft ports Swift to Windows, because they are scared swiftless
- There will be an approved, Swift Air build mostly hot air, released in short bursts.
- Swift Air will be powered Fast Apple Real Time processing (Swift Air FART)
- with FART there will be less Core Dumps, better Code Cleanup and less Buffer overflows.
- FART relieves congestion allow more thread throughput
- FART requires less gestures like sWiping and pinch to zoom
Apple loves Open Source that’s probably why Darwin isn’t around anymore, I guess they evolved
I love this baby food processor… Now it’s broken